Sunday, May 20, 2007

Rees and Luke (my cousins: age 10 and 8) both won their forms divisions at their tournament yesterday, but lost their sparing matches. They said they had a good time. Sparing is one of those things most people have to build up experience before they get it.

I've used my time this weekend pretty well...I've done my physical therapy stuff periodically throughout the day. I'm able to tell that things are getting better. On the frustrating side, I was standing and looked down at both my legs and it was very apparent just how much strength I've lost in my right leg. Compared to my left thigh, it seems like my right has no muscle tone. It's amazing how quickly muscle will atrophy if they're not being used. I look forward to when I have some more range of motion and can start building strength back up.

Also, Steve and I are planning our summer vacation. At one time the thought was to go to mountains for hiking, but with the knee thing that seems like a bad idea. New idea is Rhode Island...whale watching, boat rental, eating lobster at least once a day. Can't go wrong with that. Plus we found a good price on the flight and car rental and Steve's Hilton points from traveling for work cover most of the hotel.

We plan to count all our change that is lying around...we figure it'll pay for a pretty nice dinner for our anniversary. Plus, it'll get all the change off of our surfaces. We have a couple change cups where it theoretically ends up, but some of it seems to not find its way into those.

No comments: