Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring break was this week. I cleaned the house, played with the dog, worked out, and worked on my paper for the test. The paper is mostly written. I have to finish the section on OMAC history and then do a lot of proofreading, but it's a good start. I actually managed to go for a jog with Rowlf. Usually he either walks or wants to sprint, so getting him at a jogging pace was a minor achievement.

Next week is the fast and meditation. Max and I are starting the fast at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday and starting the meditation at 4:00 a.m. on Sunday. The fast will then end at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, giving me a few hours to enjoy eating before Monday comes. During the fast I'm eating only almonds, miso soup, and a multi-vitamin and drinking water and some no sugar added fruit juice. The second day will probably be the worst, although we have a track meet Thursday and Friday nights, so those could be two very long days. For anyone wondering "why?", the fast and meditation are demonstrations of self-control and discipline.

And, even though I'm doing a five day fast and 12 hour meditation, I still think I'm more sane than Steve, who will be running 18 miles tomorrow and 20 miles next Sunday as part of marathon training. Steve has about a month left, and after next Sunday he starts the scaling back part of his training program. So he's almost through the worst of the training. His program doesn't have him run further than 20 miles during training. Go Steve!

No comments: